• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Control + D kind of shortcut to copy the formatting of above cell

skyh3ck

Hello Guys

Just like we use Control + D shortcut to paste the value of the cell above cell of the current selected cell. Is there any shortcut just like that to copy only the formatting of the above cell.

For example, I am in cell A2 and i want to copy the formatting of the cell A1, how can i do that by staying only in A2 cell and hitting the shortcut, Is it possible.

Thanks and in advance

I think you are on to a no win here with what you are trying to do.....but you could do some thing similar with short cut keys and using the format painter.

If you are using Excel 2010 then :-

1. Select the cell from which the format is to be copied.
  2. Press Ctrl+C. This copies the cell to the Clipboard.
  3. Select the cells to receive the format.
  4. Press Shift+F10, S, R. This sequence displays the Context menu and selects the options to paste just formatting.

If you are using Excel 2007 then :-

1. Select the cell from which the format is to be copied.
  2. Press Ctrl+C. This copies the cell to the Clipboard.
  3. Select the cells to receive the format.
  4. Press Shift+F10, S, T, Enter. This sequence displays the Paste Special dialog box and chooses to paste only the format.

If you prefer a real shortcut key (only a single key press), then you will need to develop your own macro to paste only the format.

Back