• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Can we add a table in a cell.

Jagdev Singh

Hi Experts

Is it possible to add a table in the cell of an excel sheet. Please find the sample attached for better understanding. I google it a bit and found the below solution.

It is possible! You need to use a named range, and you can insert your table as an object into a cell. (tested in Excel 2010)

I am using Excel 2010 and tried the same fundamental. I tested it and you can find it in G23 cell of the attached sample file.

Regards,
JD

Attachments

• sample_table.xlsx
    16 KB · Views: 8
Not sure if I have understood you or what use a table in a cell is .....but have a look at the upload,...are you sure you want the whole table in a single cell.??

Attachments

• sample_table.xlsx
    27.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi Bobhc,

It was just a thought. I highlighted the msg which I find online, which says to used named range for the table and you can insert the table in a cell. I tried in my attached sample and didn't able to find the end result.

Regards
JD

Still not reading your reasoning....why a full cell in a single cell....does not make sense...that's why its not done, why not just edit the existing table?

Its so small its near useless to work with,...to do any thing you need to zoom in so far.

Hi,

not understood the purpose but original post sounds like
« Is it possible to put a Jumbo 747 jet into a Captain ? » ‼ :confused:

So we could answer «No, but a Captain into the plane, yes ! » … :DD

Hi Marc

Thanks for your explanation.

I was curious to know if this magic is possible to put a Jumbo into a Captain.

Anywayz thanks for your input Bobhc and Marc.

Regards
JD

You leave us in a limbo . just why would you even have such a thought in the head. Why would you expend so much time effort and google on it?

Hi Bobhc

I was looking for something else and bang into a thread where it says that it is possible to add a table in a cell. I tried the example, but didn't find the solution. Hence turn around to check with my gurus on chandoo.o_O

Regards
JD

Back