• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copy Paste using vba

rrocker1405

Hi team,

I'm very sure that I'm doing something wrong in the below code because of which everytime it shows up debugging error stating 'copy method of range class failed'. Any suggestions / advise?

I'm trying to copy the range E4:N4 to E6:N60000 with formulas in the same worksheet.

I tried the following aproaches to replicate formulas but in vain.

sub copy()
Worksheets("sheet1").Range("e4:n4").Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("sheet1").Range("E6")
'then use autofill to range ("E6:N60000")
end sub

Example 1>
Range("E4:N4").Copy Destination:=Range("E6:N60000")

Example 2>
Sheet9.Range("e4:n4").Copy
Sheet9.Range("e6:n6").PasteSpecial xlPasteFormulas
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Example 3>
Sheets("P_Data").Select
Range("e4:n4").Copy
Sheets("P_Data").Select
Range("e6:n6").PasteSpecial xlPasteFormulas

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
A!

Your syntax looks good. Do you have merged cell in your worksheet by chance? Are any of the worksheets in question protected?

Hi Luke,

There are no merged cells and none of the worksheets are protected but for some reason I keep getting error messages. I spent my day exploring various options but didn't help me at all. Not sure what I'm doing in correctly.

Kind regards,
Anand

Could you upload your workbook? I just test the code in a dummy workbook, and it runs perfectly. So, it's not a problem with the code... :(

Hi Luke & Deepak,

I was able to fix this. There was a filter in one of the fields and thats why I kept viewing this error message. After I removed the filter, it worked fine.

Thanks once again as always grateful.

Kind regads,
Anand

Back