• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Hello .. Introduce yourself

Hello all. I'm Don from San Antonio TX. I am an insurance executive at a large regional agency headquartered in Houston. The first thing I'd like to do is thank Chandoo and all of you, his faithful followers, for all the great information, tips, tricks and snippets that I have pilfered through the years and called my own ;). Over the years I have flirted with numerous XL forums and even dated a few but I find myself more and more, back on Chandoo's doorstep so I thought it time to make a commitment.

So enough of the plattitudes...

The first time I used Excel, I had to load it with using about a dozen 5.25" floppies. For most of the time since, I've been the "go to" guy for all things Excel. Ironically, I spent all of that time in non-technical postitions...mostly sales...but I always seem to run across business needs and problems that could only be solved with a good speadsheet. I've built dozens of proposal systems, dashboards, accounting and financial systems and even a few sales dashboards in those years and can say that many of them were/are still in use long after my departure.

I am starting two projects that overlap: 1.) Develop a system to analyse variences and disccrepencies in commissions receivables. This includes looking back at 2 years of recievables...about 100k line items... 2) Build a multi-level inteactive sales dashboard to be used by our officers, sales execs and account manages.

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Cheers,

Don

Hi All,
I am Tej Bant Bhushan (Teju) from India. I am just nothing in excel and wanted to be an excel expertise where if, someone ask me any kind of help in excel then I can do it.

Hi, I have just joined this forum, though I have been a regular visitor to this site. I have a quick question on which I am a bit struck now. I have a sample data (file attached) whereby we have received notes on shots on different dates. What I want is a formula where if I mention the shot number it should return the latest notes back to me. Can somebody help me on this please.

Attachments

• SampleData.xlsx
    9.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi, I have just joined this forum, though I have been a regular visitor to this site. I have a quick question on which I am a bit struck now. I have a sample data (file attached) whereby we have received notes on shots on different dates. What I want is a formula where if I mention the shot number it should return the latest notes back to me. Can somebody help me on this please.
Hi Amitava ,

Please use this section only to introduce yourself , and post your question in the appropriate section of the forum ; any question posted here is unlikely to be read by those who are looking to answer questions.

Narayan

Hi, I'm new to the forum, found it on google. I am looking to learn more about excel. I am pretty good in it now but I am trying to get more knowledge of IF/THEN statements.

Hello world! I am an intro business analyst looking to improve my Excel-fu.

I find myself returning to this site more often, now on a near daily basis. Time to make an account, and give back as much as I'm getting.

Earlier this month I made a splash with a dashboard where my boss can enter values in an Excel sheet and have graphs update in a PowerPoint she can then send higher up in the chain. Now I am turning my sights to using a centralized Excel inventory generate Visio org charts and serve as source data for automated migration with Kapow into Adobe CQ5.

Hi,

Dear All,

I am new member in chandoo.com and professionally accountant in an organization i am facing some problem in maintaining inventory of shares, i have attached a sheet for selling and buying shares but problem is that how can we apply

Attachments

• FIFO,LIFO, AND WIEGHTED AVERAGE.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi to all, i am very new to vba, so I am looking forward to learning from this forum. thank you in advance!!
Regards,

Byron.

Hi !
I'm Joe, from a small town in south of France. I first used Excel 15 years ago. Today I'm really fond of Excel and I've been searching sites on the web to help me learning. This one is a a really great one !

Hi, I've been coming to Chandoo for years and it's great! I'm joining to learn more and help others at my work. Like most people, I use excel on a daily basis and can do many things, but I also know it's just the tip of the iceberg. I subscribe to the email service and find the tips very helpful. I'm looking forward to using the forum.

Hi,

Dear All,

I am new member in chandoo.com and professionally accountant in an organization i am facing some problem in maintaining inventory of shares, i have attached a sheet for selling and buying shares but problem is that how can we apply

Hi Asif,
This section is for "Introduce Yourself" only.
You can ask your question in the forum "As an Excel Question" linked here:
http://chandoo.org/forum/forums/ask-an-excel-question/

Regards,

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled across this forum via Google, then Chandoo's downloads page. I got curious when I noticed the awesome resources had not been updated in quite some time.

Why was a searching Google? Well, I'm looking for some sort of dashboard to track ongoing projects/action items. Nothing fancy, just useful! LOL

Anyway, I'm happy to be here! Great forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am Mridula. I am from India, Bangalore.
I am learning Excel and trying to be an expert in it. I have seen Excel certification from Microsoft, but in Bangalore when I searched for certification I was not able to find a proper center for the same. Can anybody please tell me whether Excel certification is important in India or just working knowledge is enough?
For Analysts jobs will recruiters ask for Excel certification?

I think this forum is pretty good in information exchange. Hope I will get an answer soon. The tips and tricks along with Excel tutorials are great. Thank u very much.

Hello...just joining the group - looks like a great source for Excel fanatics. I hope i can be of more help than i get...but of course i'm starting because i need help!

I look forward to getting...and hopefully giving help too.

Thanks

Hi team

I am lets say advanced user of Excel and VBA from Slovakia and like your forum and its daily post's which brights up my day and help me to solve rocket VBA science.:) Thanks

Hi I am karwan,
Working in Dubai as operation Analyst in a retail company. I have worked in OBI and Business Object but still making report in Excel.
Joined this website because its very helpful. Chandoo tips helped me a lot to improve my skill

Hi,

I have been searching for a place to ask questions in regards to some excel functionality. I think I've come to the right place.

Hi my name is Chuck and I just joined. I work for a construction company as a estimator. I offten use Excel to streamline my processes. Chandoo seems like a an "Excel"lent site.

Hi I am known as venny. Wish to take advantage of all the available skills, smarts, etc on this site. Look forward to improving skills with charts, macros, formulas, formatting. Thanks

Back