• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Static Timestamp

immhieb

Hello Excel Masters!

I'm just new here in this forum.

I really need help on some VBA codes to use for my macro. I tried searching different sites already but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Here's what I want my macro to do:

1. If the "start" column is checked, it should put a STATIC date and time on the "timestamp" column. I don't want the date and time to change every time the file is opened.

2. Something to prevent the checkbox on being unchecked. So that the timestamp will not be changed or erased.

I attached a sample file for easy visualization. Will truly appreciate the help. Thank you!

Attachments

• checklist-status.xlsx
    36 KB · Views: 8
I have been solving those problems recently.

I have attached your file. To time stamp your project, you need to set up a formula that has a circular reference and go to options, formulas and change iterations to 1. Then it will only execute the formula once and time stamp your project.

Just yesterday I was assisted in solving your other problem. I have included the macro with your program. It does not prevent the check from being checked but does bring up a warning and gives the option of checking or unchecking.(sometimes there is a need to uncheck).

Good luck

Attachments

• Copy of checklist-status.xlsm
    41.7 KB · Views: 14
A
I have been solving those problems recently.

I have attached your file. To time stamp your project, you need to set up a formula that has a circular reference and go to options, formulas and change iterations to 1. Then it will only execute the formula once and time stamp your project.

Just yesterday I was assisted in solving your other problem. I have included the macro with your program. It does not prevent the check from being checked but does bring up a warning and gives the option of checking or unchecking.(sometimes there is a need to uncheck).

Good luck

Awesome! The pop-up message worked perfectly fine. Still having problems with the time stamp though. But still thank you so much fantabulator!

Hi ,

See this file and comment.

Narayan

hi Narayan. i see the aplication is working. but can we do that without VBA code?

i have my sample here.

can we make a static time stamp on update column when i was write on DESCRIPTION column?

Thanks Before

Attachments

• PROJECT NPS.xlsx
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
Back