• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Change data structure

ajaar

Dear Friends,

I have data in difficult structure in Sheet1, i wanted to change the data as shown in Sheet2, is there any macro to do the same. any help is appreciated.

File is attached here wtih

Regards

Ajaar

Attachments

• Data analysis.xls
    43.5 KB · Views: 18
Hi i dont know enough vba to do this so attempted it just using functions ... it might help you out if you are stuck and while waiting for someone to come up with a vba solution.
got 90% sorted just colum one cant come up with a solution for

On sheet one to the right of your data i extraced the info into colums using a function that pull out duplicates ... i did this by adding a two helper colums to the left of your data ... used anothe helper colum to help with the no plate
then on sheet 3 i used a index function to pull all the data into that sheet and into the proper colums
Unfortunately i could only pull the code no out but couldnt match them up to the other colums .... i was able to do the plate no by using a offset function with the function used for pulling the dates .. as the data way symetrical and a good use for offset.
Anyway if its a help good if not hopefully someone will come up with a vba solution.

Attachments

• Data analysisJOHNLONG_FIXPart2.xls
    247 KB · Views: 5
Back