• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic Charts with dropdown list & check box

ashish mehra

Hi,

I want to prepare a dynamic chart which will use drop down list & check box features to show Estimated Revenue & Actual Revenue by Industry, Product, Region, SalesRep, Year.

I have taken few steps:

1) Create named ranges which will be used as a drop down list.
2) I have shown the I have visualize in the Chart sheet.;)
3) I have prepare a chart which uses Check box for interactivity (check Sheet 4)

Requirement 1: after the selection from drop down list, all the related fields will appear in the checkbox.

Requirement 2: after the selection in check boxes, the linked data should appear in the chart.

Regards,
AM:)

Attachments

• Dynamic Charts with dropdown list & check box.xlsx
    60.6 KB · Views: 48
Hi Ashish -

Why do you want the check box for the related fields...you can instead create a dependent dropdown...that can be easily done using formulae...if otherwise, I guess we shall require VBA...

Hi Asheesh,

Thanks for looking. I don't mind using VBA as long as I get the solution.

In sheet 4, I have visualize the output using both the form controls feature which I believe provide more interactivity for the user.

Regards,

Hi Ashish,

I had created similar chart, some time back here on this forum at below link.

http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/creating-pivot-table-chart.18830/#post-114714

See the file in there, it has also had a feature of highlighting MIN & MAX also. Go through the file. Note It don't uses VBA and created only with formulas.

P.S. After reading your thread, I think you want data of check box to be dynamic as per drop down selection. If so than write back may be I can write the code for you. The file in the above thread has static check boxes.

Regards,

Hi SM,

You got my point.

Yes, I want both the form controls to be dynamically update.

Example 1: If I select Sales Rep from drop down list then all the related values should appear in the check box for the selection.

Example 2: If I select Industry, Product, Region, etc. then their sub category field should be dynamically populated in the check boxes.

Waiting to create an awesome dashboard using simple but powerful form controls feature.

Regards,

@ashish mehra

See the first cut of file with variable check box based on drop down selection. I am not sure what you want to plot if you can explain on this, may be we can proceed further.

Regards,

Attachments

• Dynamic Charts with dropdown list & check box_ver1.xlsm
    76.3 KB · Views: 41
Hi SM,

First of all sorry for replying late.:DD You have taken absolutely correct steps.

The next step is to make table which will linked with the chart.
The Table structure is something like this, if we select Sales Rep in dropdown list:

upload_2014-12-6_11-14-0.png

The Table structure is something like this, if we select Product in dropdown list:

upload_2014-12-6_11-16-29.png

If somebody have an example similar to my requirement then please revert back.

Regards,

Hi SM,

I would like to view all the check boxes to be selected as a default after the selection from drop down list.

The addition is:

Can we add 2 check boxes (Est & Act Revenue on top of the chart) which provides more interactivity to the user; in case they only want to view Est or Act Revenue at one point of time.

Regards,

Thumbs up SM,

Thanks a ton for your time & effort. Actually, I am short of words to see some one helps so intensively.

Feedback for Chandoo & team: I am active on other forums also but I really doubt that the interactivity on this forum can be beaten by any of them.

Cheers for all the members of this forum. Stay :awesome:

Have a great day SM.;)

Regards,

Back