• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Did you post in last few days looking for Top20 (from your Data)

John()

Did you post in last few days looking for Top20 (from your Data), i was looking at that thread and as i was interested in it i checked out the answer you got and downloaded it to see how it was done,
as im learning excel i found this a great way to learn how to take data from multiple sheats and display them on another sheath.
the person who replied and helped you did a great job and after studying what he did i eventually figured out how his formula worked and how he put everything together.

But i have found a little problem that got over looked ... and its very common when dealing with this type of problem from what i have seen in my studies.

unfortunately i am after searching for the post and i cannot find it to post in it so im posting here incase you or someone who might know of the post can point me to it.

ok to the problem i found ... you were looking to have your data placed in a dashboard kind of layout ... that someone could look at a list for different months and see the top 20 sellers (think they were sellers) from list of over 6000 per month
Problem is your list contains duplicates ... in some cases 3 sets ... so instead of getting 20 different results you are getting in some cases only 15 and other 5 are duplicates and missing people that should have being in the list.
i have attached a image showing what i mean ..... and all that is required to sort it out is to create a helper colum on each of your data sheats to give the top 20 unique numbers

anyway hope its not a problem posting this ... as i had intended to only look at the problem to see how it was sorted and to learn from the answer ... but after finding the issue thought it be best the post in case the original poster didnt realise he was getting duplicates in his results.

Attachments

• Top 20 reveiw.jpg
    Top 20 reveiw.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 14
Hi John,

Can you share the link to the thread.

Regards,
Unfortunately thats the problem ..... i cant find the thread that it came from .. i am after searching the first 5 pages ... even though i came across the thread on the first or second page two days ago .. cant find the thread now

John.. I have responded to the original thread...you may want to check and see if it is all OK now... :)

Ty ty Asheesh ... thanks for that just couldn't find the thread ... seen your new formula and it great sorts everything out simply and efficently

Back