• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

copy data based on same value

Aslam

Hello Guys,

Can You please help me with following,

I have in sheet 1

A1="DATE" B1="CODE" C1="ACC CODE"
A2="1-11" B2="B1" C2="CAP"
A3="2-11" B3="B2" C3="MT"
A4="3-11" B4="B3" C4="MT"
A5="4-11" B5="B4" C5="OE"

In Sheet2 I have

B1="MATERIAL"
A2="DATE" B2="CODE" C1="ACC CODE"

B6="OFF EXP"
A7="DATE" B7="CODE" C7="ACC CODE"

what i want is If I enter the ACC Code in Sheet2 in ( C2 )
The other 2 data that is CODE & DATE should be copied from SHEET1
I have used the INDEX function but it only copies the third row everytime.It does not goes further.

You might looking something like this!!
A2=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$C$5,MATCH($C2,Sheet1!$C$1:$C$5,0),MATCH(A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$1,0)),"")
Drag further....

If it not helped then don't forget to upload the sample & also make it habit onward so on.....

Attachments

• POST-20574.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for you reply..
This didnt help
When you type MT in the third coloumn it shows the same value..

Attachments

• POST-20574.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 5
That is different sir..
and this one is different..That was for unique code..
but this one does not have a unique code for each entry...For this one i want a function where i want to search 2 sheets for value and copy the data to another sheet.

Thanks For your reply Nebu..
There's another problem ...
Actually there are 2 sheets where i want the function to search for both the sheets to find the code and copy the data.. Please check and reply..

Thanks again..helped a lot.
And also after if the data copies successfully .. i want to arrange the data based on date automatically..

Attachments

• POST-20574(1).xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 1
Hello Guys,

I am uploading the images in this it'll be easy to understand what i want ..

1) The first sheet i have is the codes of accounts to be maintained

SAM1.jpg

2) I have the SBANK Sheet where i enter data with unique ACCODE as the account name.

SAM2.jpg

3) I have the MBANK Sheer where i enter data with unique ACCODE as the Account Name. So In both these sheets are the data where i want the data to be extracted using the unique Account Code.

SAM3.jpg

4) This is the sheet where i want the results this way .. if i type the account code in C Coloumn it should find it from MBANK & SBANK both.

SAM4.png

5) This is the 5th sheet

SAM5.png

I am uploading the file also..Please anyone help me with it ..

Attachments

• SAM.xlsx
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi:

I have kept the formula as it is, but added a macro consolidate both sheets hope it helps...

Attachments

• POST-20574(1).xlsm
    21 KB · Views: 1
Hi:

I have kept the formula as it is, but added a macro consolidate both sheets hope it helps...

NEBU PLEASE CAN YOU TAKE A LOOK AT THE SAM FILE & CAN YOU PUT THE CODES AND UPLOAD IT BACK .. I WOULD UNDERSTAND IT BETTER..
IF I PUT THE ACCCODES IN THE DEBTOR & CREDITOR SHEETS THE DATA SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY GET COPY..

Last edited:
Hi:
I have made the changes, There is a consolidate button in the tab consolidate, it will basically consolidate the SBANK and MBANK tabs into one .

Note: Clear the Consolidated tab before running the macro...

Attachments

• SAM.xlsm
    30.3 KB · Views: 1
Back