• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

copying data from one sheet to another on condition

Aslam

I have 15-16 sheets.. AND I ENTER data in sheet1 & sheet2 .. i want excel to copy data from sheet1 / sheet2 to sheet3 or anyother sheet based on condition .. i am keeping column b as code .. if code is entered in column B in sheet3 or anyother sheet then excel should search the same code from sheet1 / sheet2 to match and copy the row and paste in different coloumns that i want in sheet3 or anyother sheet ...it should search for the same coloumn name and copy the data and paste to sheet3 in the same coloumn .. first it should search for the code and then the coloumn and paste the data of the row.

sheet1 has
DATE CODE NAME EXCEL WORD ACCESS
22-11-2014 1 EXCEL 9
22-11-2014 3 WORD 5
22-11-2014 66 ACCESS 2

other sheets i want to copy based on code and then coloumn
sheet3 has
DATE
CODE
NAME WORD

sheet 4 has
DATE CODE NAME EXCEL

sheet5 has
DATE CODE NAME ACCESS

please if anyone can help me fast.. would be of great help.
thank you.
and yes , i am using excel 2007

Attachments

• 22.xlsm
    18.9 KB · Views: 3
This wont work for me as i would have to copy the formula each time to different cells that need to be update .. I need a VBA Code that will automatiicaly update the cells when i type the unique code.. I'll give you one sample and the result i want ...i am maintaining ledgers .. In one sheet i maintain balance and i want my ledger accounts to be updated as soon as i write the code ... In Bank Sheet the data is written and from Bank sheet i want to copy the contents to 2 other sheets by matching the the Code in the Bank Sheet ...

Attachments

• SAMPLE.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I think if u copy formula down u can get the values. For avoiding error you can use IFerror function and go ahead.

See the attched file colored sheet , Office Exp formula -in blue color.

Attachments

• SAMPLE.xlsx
    14.1 KB · Views: 6
I guess this will work ... Thanks a lots vrunda & hui for your help .. If i have any further problems regarding this i'll inform

Another problem vrunda .. I have to sheets bank1 & bank2 .. so the other sheets should search both bank sheets for code ... i m not able to do so .. help

I want to know if this is possible..
I have attached a file..
I want to know that
If i make an entry in sheet Bank or Bank1
I want that entry should be automatically updated in the ledger account.
The entry should find the name of the ledger account in 2 sheets or More sheets for the same name and entry should be updated accordin to the column

please vrunda or anyone can help me with it..
Thx

Attachments

• SAMPLE.xlsx
    14.2 KB · Views: 3
Back