• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to link pictures with excel sheet.

shaherukh

Hi, I have an asset catalogue in excel & all details of assets are mentioned in that excel sheet/catalogue according to asset number. I have picture of all assets in a folder & want to link all asset pictures with catalogue in excel sheet through micros.Whenever we select any asset number from a drop down list in excel then picture of that asset should be shown there automatically.
Kindly assist me to link picture of assets with catalogue in excel sheet.

Regards,
Shaherukh.

Hi Shaherukh

The trick the this excercise is to name the pictures in the file exactly the same as the names in your drop down.

Here is an example

Insert Pictures

You won't be able to see the pictures when you open the file because you don't have access to this drive.

fName = "C:\Users\HYMC\Pictures\" & r & ".jpg"

So you need to follow these instructions carefully. Change the file path to be in line with your Path.

Delete the pictures that are currently there and as you run the procedure your picture(s) should appear as you change the name in cell A10.

I have changed computers since I wrote the article so I had to repoint the path

fName = "C:\Users\Marcus\Downloads\" & r & ".jpg"

and the process ran perfectly at this end. If I have explained myself well you will be able to see the results at your end too. :)

Take care

Smallman

Hi @ONKAR BHOSALE

My example links it in a list. If you change any of the names in the list the picture will automatically update. You will need to be more specific if you want a more detailed response.

Take care

Smallman

Hi smallman,
Can you please explain how to write VBA code or where to paste it.

I visited to your link of insert picture,but I can find the solution.

Hi Shaherukh

Thanks for the question. This bit:

I visited to your link of insert picture,but I can find the solution.

There is a picture of an Excel icon right at the bottom of screen originally titled "Picture.xls"

I didn't think anyone would have trouble finding it but I may need to re address the way I show files on my site. :)

Take care

Smallman

Back