• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How To Apply Conditional Formatting For A Cell On A Linked Graph?

Mohamed Mohsen

Subject: Applying Conditional Formatting For A Cell On A Linked Graph.

Dears,

i want to apply the conditional formatting related to the attached file to the graph.

please advise.

Regards,
Mohsen

Attachments

• Business Pulse Summary Report September 2014.xlsx
    76.2 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum, Mohamed Mohsen.

In the future, try to give plenty of detail explaining what it is you are wanting. Your workbook has several sheets with various cells/charts. I've no idea which section of the workbook you want us to look at.

However, if you are seeking to learn about conditionally formatting charts, I'd suggest reading this article:
http://peltiertech.com/conditional-formatting-of-excel-charts/

which explains several 'tricks' you can use. Short story, you'll need to setup a chart series for each color you want to use, and then use formulas to populare those series.

Thanks Luke,

its first time to post a question here, i have modified the file to be only one sheet with one graph.

i read the article but i didn't find my answer, all that i want is to convert the graph to be dynamic like the cells.

if you realized that when i you change the value of the cell color will be changed automatically due to the conditional formatting that i put in the cells.

i want to apply the same for the charts, so if u change the cell it can be changed as a color in both cells and graph.

Regards,
Mohsen

Attachments

• Business Pulse Summary Report September 2014.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 10
Taking the previous article, you might be able to see that you need to create a clustered-stacked chart.
http://peltiertech.com/clustered-stacked-column-bar-charts/

Here's a little bit to get you started. As you can see, it's not nearly as simple as applying CF to cells. I had to create 3 different series, and then use placement and formulas to get things into the right spot. Hopefully this gives you a starting point.

Attachments

• Example CF Chart.xlsx
    21.2 KB · Views: 18
Back