• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Interactive graphs based on user preferences

psk

Hello,

I need help with creating histograms based on user inputs. Below is the process am expecting.

1. User selects their choices from the available dropdowns(like their preferred product they want to purchase, preferred payment mode, their budget, expected discount % etc)
2. Based on the above inputs, i need to show them which e-commerce site or physical store is best for them through histograms/bar charts.

Please help me in creating this logic.

~PSK.

Hello SM,

Thanks for the reply. PFA. I've created the expected graph and am not sure how to link my data in the second sheet with the first sheet to get the expected graph.

Based on the dropdown selection in sheet1, there should be variation in the graph by linking the data in second sheet.

Thanks,
PSK.

Attachments

• Interactive graphs.xlsx
    19.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi ,

With reference to the posted data , there is some difficulty in reconciling your user's selections with the data.

The user selections are :

Electronics , Gift Card , 1000 - 5000 , 10 %

If you see the data , Seller A does not offer Gift Card , it is Seller C who will match all the above requirements.

Another point is that the first table has the sellers as column headers ; it would be better if this table were arranged the other way around. See the attached file for this layout.

Lastly , I don't see how the chart adds any value ; given the criteria selected , you can just list the sellers in order , so that the first seller in the list will be the preferred seller followed by the others in order.

Once you clarify / confirm , a solution can easily be provided.

Narayan

Attachments

• PSK_Interactive graphs.xlsx
    22.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi Narayan,

You understood my requirement perfectly. And yes, chart may not be needed but i just want to show the visual/graphical representation to the user. So in this case, can you please suggest how to list the seller who match all the preferences. In case, any seller didn't meet all the requirements, i need to show the seller who is offering maximum preferences of the user .

As you understood, all i want to do is to pick the seller who is meeting all the user preferences. (I know i need to make my data in sheet 2 much realistic and i am working on it)

Please let me now if you need further clarification from me.

~PSK.

Hi ,

See if this is OK. Actually , the master tables are not comprehensive , which is why it is difficult to separate the three sellers. Try it out with more data.

Narayan

Attachments

• PSK_Interactive graphs.xlsx
    13.7 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: psk
Back