• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Displaying Top Items in a Pivot

All,

I need to figure out how to show the Top 1, dollar value, for each Year & Qtr along with Customer name.

In the file, I highlighted in yellow which Items should be shown on the Pivot Table after the Top 10 filter is set to 1. See below

Q1-2013 = 200
Q2-2013 = 400
Q3-2013 = 600
Q4-2013 = 500
Q1-2014 = 400
Q2-2014 = 500
Q3-2014 = 500
Q4-2014 = 700

I'm not sure if there's a grouping method that can be applied or something to accomplish this.

In the file I attached, I included PT1 tab that is linked to DATA1 tab and PT2 tab that is linked to DATA2 tab. I did this set up because I was also having issues with the charts showing the data in the X axis out of order.

However, I want to be able to work with both types of DATA source sets up: one with the Qtr & Year combined into one column or one that has the Year & Qtr on separate columns.

Lastly, when this pivot table shows the items I need, I want to also be able to use a Pivot Table Chart to see each item plotted on a graph with the values on the Y axis and the Year,Qtr,Customer Name showing on the X axis.

Please let me know the best way to achieve this objective for this project.

Attachments

• Pivot Table Project.xlsx
    57.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi 5150,

The same problem is cross-posted here at :

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-cha...-items-in-a-pivot-by-multiple-conditions.html

As an etiquette when ever you do cross-posting you must mention the link in each forum, so that user get aware of discussion going on each forum and if the problem is solved than they can refer the solution so that they can come up with a better solution (if it is possible) otherwise lots of users will end up spending their time in achieving the same result.

I would recommend you to go through each forum rules where it is clearly stated.

Regards,

Understood, I thought that forum was unrelated to this forum that's why I didn't reference it. Either way, do you have a solution available for this Pivot Table issue I have?

I did but i dont get the results i need. Would you filter the excel file I provided to show me how to display ONLY the Top 1 item per year and qtr with customer name please?

Back