• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

IF ,MATCH,COUNT

Sreehari

I have a work book with datas in different sheets , in one sheet i have a filed with header name as"File Name" which contains differnt names like "raw\KER01B711220141012081539.DAT.dump" i need to check "IF " the file name MATCH(contain) "KER01" then COUNT of values in filed with name "routing_category" needs to be captured in next sheet.

A sample file is uploaded ,kinldy help in res.

Attachments

• aa.xlsx
    15.4 KB · Views: 10
Hi,

See the file

This can be done with sumproduct() formula along with Mid() and left() formulas.

Regards,
Prasad DN

Attachments

• aa.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 10
Thanks a lot prasad,

two more cases..

in the column "IMSI" in the attachment of output sheet if i need to take the count of digits start with 40419,40446,40495.. then how can i take .

Also instead o digits if its a word /characters then how the fomula can be modified say instead of 40419 the column contains some names like "Shari","HariS","HARISS","vishnu","partha"..and i need name contains only "hari"..

hi,

Pls post some more examples in file and upload with expected out put like you did in the original file.

Regards,
Prasad DN

i had tried with some formula in the attached sample file,but not working.

kinldy help with correcting the same.

formula result and expected output are mentioned in the OUTPUT sheet.

Attachments

• BB.xlsx
    19.2 KB · Views: 3
Back