• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

To create summary from Master file

asalamk

Hi There,
Much appreciated if someone, could help me to create summary on 1st tab from Master file (2nd tab). The attached file has already VBA which updates the master file from multiple sheets.
I thought and tried my best to create pivot Table failed to do so properly the way I wanted, therefore, if someone could help me in this will be much appreciated!
Summary will be by account numbers as there will be multiple transactions for the same account holder.

Great if button created on summary to just click and go.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Salam

Attachments

• For summary from Master file.xlsm
    76 KB · Views: 4
Hi Asalamk

There are a number of ways your could do this. One of which is as you say set up a pivot table. You could have a dynamic named range (normal named range or VBA) and each time you refresh your procedure you could have the pivot table update as you entered the sheet. The coding is straight forward.
Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() 'Excel VBA to refresh a pivot table.
ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll
End Sub

There is a dynamic named range called Source. This could just as well be made in the VBA. I made a start on your pivot table and adding this dynamic flexibility. Attached is a workbook to show workings.

Take care
Smallman

Attachments

• ForsummaryMasterV1.xlsm
    91.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Asalamk

There are a number of ways your could do this. One of which is as you say set up a pivot table. You could have a dynamic named range (normal named range or VBA) and each time you refresh your procedure you could have the pivot table update as you entered the sheet. The coding is straight forward.
Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() 'Excel VBA to refresh a pivot table.
ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll
End Sub

There is a dynamic named range called Source. This could just as well be made in the VBA. I made a start on your pivot table and adding this dynamic flexibility. Attached is a workbook to show workings.

Take care
Smallman

Hi Smallman,
I am actually looking to create summary based on account number which is first column in master. For PivotTable, I did number of times but because of labels i.e., address and all, they do not come in the next columns.
I have changed the column headers in the master because they wrong and duplicate. Please find attached updated file.
Thanks
asalamk

Attachments

• ForsummaryMasterV1 Cha.xlsm
    84.4 KB · Views: 3
Back