• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Date reminder

Ebuku Tobias

Hello,
How do I organise my data such that on my date menu when that date reaches there is a reminder alert telling me that the date as reached

Attachments

• Excel.xlsx
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
Hi,

You can give the conditional formatting for that cell, through conditional formatting you can set the reminder like in the attached work book i have given when in the sheet1 F5 date matches with the current date it will turn to RED color. Check entering date in sheet1 F5 cell.

Regards
Abdul matheen

Attachments

• Excel.xlsx
    30.7 KB · Views: 7
Hello Adul Mathern,

Thank you for your response, but your attachment has no formula (explanation) that can guide me in the entire process.

Regards

Tobias Ebuku

Hi Tobias Ebuku,

The formula is in the conditional formatting, go to home tab there you will find conditional formatting, there go to manage rules. There you find the formula.

Find the attached picture.

Regards
Abdul Matheen

Attachments

• Conditional formatting.PNG
    Conditional formatting.PNG
    136.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi Tobias,
Another option:
Try this in B5 and copy down:

=IF(F5=TODAY(),"Date Reached",TODAY()-DATE(YEAR(F5),MONTH(F5),DAY(F5))&" Day(s) ")&IF(TODAY()-DATE(YEAR(F5),MONTH(F5),DAY(F5))>=1,"Remaining","Passed")

Regards,

it was mixing the word "Passed" with "Date Reached"

Please update with this:

=SUBSTITUTE(IF(F5=TODAY(),"Date Reached",TODAY()-DATE(YEAR(F5),MONTH(F5),DAY(F5))&" Day(s) ")&IF(TODAY()-DATE(YEAR(F5),MONTH(F5),DAY(F5))>=1,"Remaining","Passed"),"ReachedPassed","Reached")

Regards,

Back