• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA, Hyperlinks from range names to selected destination cells

Alan Downie

Hi everyone.
I made my first ever forum post yesterday and received exactly the answer I needed, thank you all.

I have posted a sample worksheet (the same one as my previous post).

My issue is that I need to create hyperlinks to each (selected) range name in row 9 of my sheet using the range name as the hyperlink name. The hyperlink destinations are the range names in row 9.

I wish to be prompted to input the cell address containing the hyperlink launch as either a new sheet (in which case the code should create a new sheet) or as a variable cell address on the original sheet.

In either case I need the launch cell addresses to be transposed from rows to columns and automatically fill down for the number of destination name cells selected. Basically a hyperlink index to the destination names.

I have created hyperlinks before but my problem is keeping them absolute so that if the destination address changes, say by the insertion of a column, the hyperlink will still work. I have been told that hyperlink to a range name and not a cell address will do this for me but I don't wish to manually create each hyperlink. Using the hyperlink formula, even if the destination is named, seems to link only to the relative cell address and the hyperlink does not seem to work if the destination cell is moved.

Anyway, a big thank you in advance for your assistance and blessings to all.

Alan Downie

Attachments

• Data Entry Sheet Sample AD.xlsm
    58 KB · Views: 7
It's a bit hard to conceptualise what you're after here. Can you manually put in a few hyperlinks in the general form you're after, so I can get a better understanding of what you're after?

It's a bit hard to conceptualise what you're after here. Can you manually put in a few hyperlinks in the general form you're after, so I can get a better understanding of what you're after?

Hi Jeffrey
Thanks for responding. Sorry about any confusion. I have uploaded a new sample workbook with manually created hyperlinks and some additional explanations. Basically my sheet contains a large number of range names and I want to be able to create hyperlinks to the range names and have the hyperlinks anchored either to the current sheet (must be able to select starting address so as not to overwrite data already on the sheet, or in a new sheet. Really a TOC or Index of Hyperlinks so that I can easily navigate to any name in the sheet.

Thank you and again Blessings to you.

Attachments

• Data Entry Sheet Sample AD Hyperlink Macro.xlsm
    63.2 KB · Views: 3
Back