• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

2015 External Sales Budget/Forecast Tool

Analyst_Newbie

Hello people.

I was wondering how I should go about creating a useable sales report for products.

Basically need to create a table in a structure way to identify (Av sell price = Revenue/Volume). In terms of structure I think I should be ok.

The problem is that the reports needs to be adjustable to allow the flexibility to input volume and ASP adjustments by product and customer and add/average accordingly. As there there is a incredible amount of data - attachment is only small entry of data just wondering what is the best way on going about it.

I was think of integrating it into a pivot table format but in saying that can it be adjustable when changing figures in the pivot table - (linking the changes into the amount of data)?

Any help is much appreciated. Refer to attachment for brief idea on what the hell im talking about

Attachments

• External Agg Sales Budget Generatorv1 - 29-9-14_v2.xlsx
    17.1 KB · Views: 15
The PT is linked to the data table, how else could it pivot data that it is not linked to?

i get what you mean. but i was wondering if it is possible to change data/values in the pivot table where in turn updates the changes in the original data source?

Refer to attachment for better understanding. note that i took about 90% of the database due to the size of the file but still has the structure

Attachments

• External Agg Sales Budget Generator_30.09.2014.xlsx
    124.2 KB · Views: 14
Why do you want to change the values in the PT, you change the values in the data table and the pivot displays the data in the way you want

Back