• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

retrieve value from column

ashish mehra

Hi,

I would like to fetch the values as sample is shown in the attached file.

Regards,
AM:)

Attachments

• PM1-QB1.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi Luke,

One small updation is require.;)

After every block of four numbers a separator is needed.

After 432, 127 & so on.

Regards,

Ah, sorry about that. Try this one.
=IF(MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1),5)=0,"",OFFSET($A$3,INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/20),MOD(INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/5),5)+MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1,5)*5))

No need to say sorry sir!!!!

After 441 the result is 0,0,0,0, . Instead the output should continue giving 410, 139, 0, 421 blank cell 290, 588, 919, 623 & continue like this till there are number of data rows.:)

I think we should get the output in another sheet that will avoid any chance of error.

I hope I am not asking too much.

Regards,

Ah, tricky little 4! It got away from me. New formula on same sheet:
=IF(MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1),5)=0,"",OFFSET($A$3,INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/20),MOD(INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/5),4)+MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1,5)*5))

Or, if you want on a separate sheet:
=IF(MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1),5)=0,"",OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$3,INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/20),MOD(INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/5),4)+MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1,5)*5))

@ashish mehra

My official meeting beat me onto this :) ;)

But here is an alternate solution, normal formula : Enter in A12 and copy down:

=IFERROR(INDEX($A$3:$S$6,INT((ROWS(B$12:B12)-1)/19)+1,(MOD((INT((ROWS(B$12:B12)-1)/5)),4)+1)+(MOD((ROWS(B$12:B12)-1),5)*5)),"")

I think part of the formula matches with @Luke M Formula, but I thought since I worked on it and it's non-volatile solution, I must share here :).

Regards,

Nice job SM. I thought about trying to go non-volatile, but I was feeling lazy today. :p

@ashish mehra

My official meeting beat me onto this :) ;)

But here is an alternate solution, normal formula : Enter in A12 and copy down:

=IFERROR(INDEX($A$3:$S$6,INT((ROWS(B$12:B12)-1)/19)+1,(MOD((INT((ROWS(B$12:B12)-1)/5)),4)+1)+(MOD((ROWS(B$12:B12)-1),5)*5)),"")

I think part of the formula matches with @Luke M Formula, but I thought since I worked on it and it's non-volatile solution, I must share here :).

Regards,
Hi SM,

I have test your formula & find most of the results are good but somehow few output are not giving the require result:(. It's strange for me when I match with the result showing with Luke M formulas.

I am working on the file & will post the sample file soon.

Regards,

Ah, tricky little 4! It got away from me. New formula on same sheet:
=IF(MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1),5)=0,"",OFFSET($A$3,INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/20),MOD(INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/5),4)+MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1,5)*5))

Or, if you want on a separate sheet:
=IF(MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1),5)=0,"",OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$3,INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/20),MOD(INT((ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1)/5),4)+MOD(ROWS($A$1:$A1)-1,5)*5))

Hi Luke,

I test your formulas & works like a charm.

I am not good in big formulas so initially I thought it could not be possible with formulas, it would only be possible using vba code as any for any change from end-user can be easily done. I tried using loop but could not able to succeed.

Many Thanks Sir:)

Regards,

BTW, just for the kick of it you could also try the normally unused feature (area) of INDEX formula as below:
=IFERROR(INDEX(($A$3:$D$6,$F$3:$I$6,$K$3:$N$6,$P$3:$S$6),CEILING(ROWS($B$12:$B12)/20,1),CEILING(MOD(ROWS($B$12:$B12),20)/5,1),MOD(ROWS($B$12:$B12),5)),"")
Hey Srivallabha,

Many thanks.:) Yours formula also giving the require output.

Regards,

Hi SM,

Here is the file. Output is in sheet2.

This is a collected file of all three answers from three experts. Happy learning guys.

Regards,

Attachments

• PM1-QB1 test.xlsx
    15.3 KB · Views: 4
sory newbii ....

i hope this can help, just sharing :)

hehehe ... :p

Attachments

• PM1-QB1_echo.xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks SM,

Its working fine. In the mean time there is twist in question regarding the separator.:(

What to do with end-user. doh!

Regards,

Last edited:
Back