• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dropdown lists with multiple dependencies

URao

Hello,

I am trying to create dropdown lists in three consecutive columns with the drop downs being tailored to the selection in the previous column. This selection will be made by the user completing the worksheet.
The lists will be maintained in a separate sheet and the dropdowns will appear on multiple sheets in the workbook.
I cannot use named ranges as there are too many control characters and spaces in the list.
I have attached a sample workbook with a screenshot of the error message. I need the dropdowns to appear in the columns Primary, Secondary and third and the values should map to Tables4, Table6 and Table2.
I am not comfortable with VBA and would prefer to use a formula. I tried using a Match/Index but it did not work with the Indirect in the Data Validation box.

Thanks in advance for your help.
UR

Attachments

• DropDown_MultipleDependencies_20140922.xlsx
    103 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Jeffrey, for all your help.
Either I did not get the syntax correct or something else does not work with my data, but the formula you suggested in the second option - dropdowns-without-vba - kept giving me an error message.
I did get it to work with Roger Govier's method.
Thanks again,
Cheers,Usha

Back