• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Date Picker for Excel 2010 64 Bit

Ajesh

Hi,

I am building a dashboard which will display various matrix and data points based on date period selected. The dashboard needs to work in a fashion where user can select "From" and "To" date period in two cells (Data contains daily date points for over three years period). Based on the date period the data and graphs need to be dynamically updated. (Dynamic update of data points has already been handled and is in place).
Problem is selection of date period with ease of few clicks. I would have easily used Date Picker Control 6.0 but Microsoft did not like the smile on my face hence made it impossible to be used in 64 Bit architecture. If anyone can suggest a way or workaround to mimic the functionality of Date Picker it would be much appreciated. I am open to all ideas Data Validation, slicers etc. (just that it should not encroach space on the dashboard and it should not result in User scrolling a long list of dates).

Required:
  • The solution should work on Excel 2007 and later version (32 and 64 Bit) with Windows 32/64 Bit
  • File can be shared (through mails and shared location) without affecting the Date selection functionality
  • No configuration changes required to any of the user systems
Thanks,

Ajesh

Thanks sn152. Figured it out.
I inserted a Button and assigned macro to it to call Ron's date picker and insert the value in target cells.

Many thanks to you and Ron.

Cheers

Back