• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to find High Low values of random value changing field??

Madhav1203

Hi guys,

Im doing pair trading and calculating p/L in excel sheet. Final profit field value is changing depending upon Profit or loss.. I want to know whats the high profit and whats the low loss. Just want to make a note of High and Low of that field....

Is this possible to catch high and low which is changing always.

Plz guys any one suggest .... thanks in advance.

In below Image A--> which marked.. wil change depending upon Profit or loss... I want to add new high value in B cell.. low value in C field....

A field wil change every second...... Plz find attached file for image
ma6AMdj.jpg
[/IMG]

ma6AMdj

Attachments

• excel123.jpg
    excel123.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi Guys,

Im Trader in stock market.

Plz find attached excel file.

In this file i will retrive data from zerodha server. (LTP, Lot size, High, Low).. these all prices.

Based on my entry my profit or loss will calculate in P/L field and in Pair profit fields.

K11 cell is sum of I2 to I12. K11 field value will reflect depending upon profit or loss.

So i want to make note of high of that day and low of that day in my absence.

Hope i have provided all required information.

In attached file you will get N/A value in all fields... cos of data not available from ur side.. you can check by ur own data.

Attachments

• pairtrading.xlsx
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
@Madhav1203

Gr8 that you have uploaded a file now, but you must understand here that most of us here are not traders :) , so we don't undestand what you mean of high and low of day? It would have been easy for us to understand if you upload some manual samples to explain the concept, so that we can build some formula to make it dynamic.

Regards,

forget all..... simply im saying....

A1 is Numeric filed. i will get data from other website for this cell.....

Value come randomly to this field...

ex: first 10, 12,14,10,8,6,20,30,8,5 so.. on these all values will come to A1 single cell only.. A1 cell is autorefresh with data.

so i want figure out whats the high.. and low.. plz display whats the high in B2 and whats the low in B3

@Madhav1203

Correct me If I am wrong.

You will have a new value in A1 say which will update on a daily basis, like today in A1 is 10, tomorrow is 8 than on 3rd day 15..... like that.

So in B1 You want the max and min of the values in A1,so based on the above values today max is 10 and min is also 10. Now tomorrow max will be 10 but min will be 8, on third day max will be 15 but min will be 8.

Is it?

Regards,

Almost near............

I need max value in B1.. and min value in B2 of A1 field...

ok.. just guide me some more.... im ready to modify formula according to my use.

Hope u completely understand my problem..

Thanks again

Hi Madhav,

You need to store historic data to retain what was the oldest Max or Min value in A1.

Regards,
Prasad DN.

@Madhav1203

Excel don't have an inbuilt feature of storing the historic data, see the file which uses VBA & dynamic range to do so. Just have a look and write back, from here can we go forward or this is not your requirement.

Regards,

Attachments

• madhav_chandoo.xlsm
    15.5 KB · Views: 3
Sorry guys ..... my requirement is not matching.. better to stop here.

and its not possible to store huge amount of historical data.. cos every minute it update more than 100 times.

Thanks to all..
@somendra... i have checked ur file.... but not as per my requirement.

Hey guys..... is this possible to share video.. im ready to upload to you tube or here...

@ Admin... can i share video here....??

@ Narayan.. thanks or ur reply..

Sorry to say.. ur link not related to my issue.... thats datafeeder for amibroker through nest sw..

no use with this.

Back