• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Extract Data from different cells

Ashok

Hi,

I have a data sheet with data in different cells, as below

A1 - Approver: Approve Date: Approval Comments:
B1 - Approver: Approve Date: Approval Comments:

I have used =Right, =MID and =Left to extract this information, but this is long and it wont work in other cells as the data is different, can i use any other function to search the whole sheet and output the results that i want.
Is there an easy way to extract this data.

BR

Hi,

I have a data sheet with data in different cells, as below

A1 - Approver: Approve Date: Approval Comments:
B1 - Approver: Approve Date: Approval Comments:

I have used =Right, =MID and =Left to extract this information, but this is long and it wont work in other cells as the data is different, can i use any other function to search the whole sheet and output the results that i want.
Is there an easy way to extract this data.

BR
Hi,

It's not clear; to me at least, what it is you want to get out of these cells and if other cells are different then any proposed solution may not work. Can you attach a copy of your workbook that contains representative data and a description of what you want to do?

I attach the file. Example. Contains data in Coloum A. From this, the Cells have different data, but want i want is to extract the Approve, Approve Date and Approval Comments.

I attach the file. Example. Contains data in Coloum A. From this, the Cells have different data, but want i want is to extract the Approve, Approve Date and Approval Comments.
Hi,

I don't see any file attached.

Hi Ashok ,

This forum can only accept files of size less than 1 MB ; in case your file is bigger than this in size , you will have to upload it to some public file-sharing website such as RapidShare , SpeedyShare , DropBox , SkyDrive ,... and then post the access link here in this same thread.

Narayan

Back