• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Compare 2 sheets and return corresponding data

Christian B

I think this may be pretty simple but I cannot figure it out. I have 2 sheets of similar data related to employee records. I need to perform a search of the IDs in column A of Sheet 1 and find their match in column A of sheet 2. If it is a match, I need to populate the cell with the corresponding data in column C of sheet 2. How do I do this?

I think this may be pretty simple but I cannot figure it out. I have 2 sheets of similar data related to employee records. I need to perform a search of the IDs in column A of Sheet 1 and find their match in column A of sheet 2. If it is a match, I need to populate the cell with the corresponding data in column C of sheet 2. How do I do this?
Hi.

Put this in B2 of sheet 1 and drag down.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$C$1000,3,FALSE),"")

Deepak - that is a start. It now returns the value in order of the C column instead of matching the value from sheet 1, A2. The order in sheet 2 is not in the same order as Sheet 1 so I need it to look in column A of Sheet 2 and when it finds a match, return the value in column C of the same row.

Back