• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copy paste rows automatically onto a different sheet (within the same file)

Salik Khatri

Hi all!

Im having trouble trying to make up a formula (Macros scare me!) to automatically paste data from the main sheet (Office Expenses in my case) onto the another sheet (Q1, Q2, Q3 & Q4).

As you might have guessed, im trying to break down the expenses into quarterly reports and i want excel to divide my main sheet into 4 different periods. On the main sheet, column A has "Qtr No" and these are 1, 2, 3 & 4. Data runs from column B through to column L.

I want excel to automatically paste the entire line in its respective quarter as i enter data in my main sheet. Also, these expenses are further categorized like, salaries, communication, travel etc. E.g. Cell B10 says salaries & related costs, cell B11:B22 contains the data (for all quarters), finally cell B24 says Total salaries & related costs.

I need the sheet to not only correctly divide the data into quarters, but also under the correct heads.

Ive tried to explain to the best of my ability, i am uploading an excel file for reference.

Awaiting anxiously for the ninjas to kick in!

Regards,
Salik

p.s. i have removed my company name and some other details (last two columns dont have any data, however they will contain information, hence the formula/macro will need to incorporate it)

Attachments

• Office Expenses - Experiments.xlsx
    33.2 KB · Views: 3
Back