• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Remove excess formatting with macro

Dear All,

I need help from your side for macro, as i am facing lots of issue when client sends me file having too much of spaces and blank columns. i want to make a macro where i will tell client to run it so that when he sends me the file it should be without spaces and empty cells
What happens is client download it from system and because of which there are empty spaces and cells. So we want to make a macro where those empty cells are gone and there is systematic table.
Attached is file.
It would be great if you could share the code for it.

Thanks for taking out your time.

Regards,
Gaurang

Attachments

• Copy of PayerPrincipalSettlement23072014.xls
    86.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi Gaurang,

Please find attached the file with 2 formulas like "Clean & Trim" if your issues are only with blank columns and more number of blank spaces. I have done based on the assumption that your client's file format will remain the same always. I have pasted the formula only for 250 rows. If you have more number of rows, you can extend the formula.

Regards, Ramnath

Attachments

• Copy of PayerPrincipalSettlement23072014.xls
    227.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi Dr Ramnath,

Thanks alot brother...simply awsome...its working...no need of macro..thought macro is the only solution..dint thought of clean trim formula..

thanks ...god bless u!

Regards,
Gaurang

Dear Ramnath,
Need help!

If i change the date to august the format changes in output which is not working even after changing its format.

Regards,
Gaurang

Attachments

• PayerPrincipalSettlement23072014.xlsx
    80.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi Dinesh,
I tried everything , even did custom format for date. but in output file it is still showing me date value. instead of date.
Attached is the file for your reference.

Regards,
Gaurang

Attachments

• PayerPrincipalSettlement23072014.xlsx
    80.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi Gaurang,

Fixed.See attached file for reference.

-Dinesh

Attachments

• PayerPrincipalSettlement23072014 (1).xlsx
    77.8 KB · Views: 2
Back