• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Reverse Geocoding Using Google API In VB

S Vishwanathan

Hi, I am trying to create a postal code and country to Town, city, state combination. I am successful in getting to longitude and latitude combination for a postal code. Attached sample code herewith.

Can someone please help me reverse geocode using VBA In excel to get the details from a postal code. I just need the output in excel not on map.

Attachments

• Google Gt Distance.xlsm
    55.3 KB · Views: 37
Have a read of
http://www.excelforum.com/excel-pro...sses-from-postcode-or-longitude-latitude.html

Or use google with
excel reverse geocoding
Have a read of
http://www.excelforum.com/excel-pro...sses-from-postcode-or-longitude-latitude.html

Or use google with
excel reverse geocoding
There are several good links there

There are several good links there

I did try with excel, it provided me wrong address for US. Type for example 10012, US it will give me
Özgön, Kyrgyzstan
and if I try 30303, US it displays Tibet when it is Atlanta. Hence, I need experts advise from people out there who can help me resolve this case. I have attached my excel sheet for reference,.

Type postal code in B3 and look at results in B9.

Hi Vishwanathan ,

See your file now.

The problem was in the GetLongitude function , which was returning a positive value instead of the negative value , since you were using just the FIND(","....) instead of the correct LEN(...) - FIND("," ....) within the RIGHT function.

Narayan

Attachments

• Google Gt Distance.xlsm
    52.8 KB · Views: 65
Hi Narayank991, it resolved my problem. Now I lost my developer ribbon bar from excel. I try activating it from Options but it does not have effect. Never less my problem is resolved. Thanks a ton to you and Chandoo forums.:)

Back