• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to make Graph in Horizontal & Vertical Axis

Hi Excel Gurus,

I want to plot my final scores on the graph by drawing a horizontal line from the PEOPLE score ( vertical axis) to the right of the matrix and drawing a vertical line from the TASK score on the horizontal axis to the top of the matrix . Then draw two lines from each dot until they intersect. The area of intersection is the leadership dimension that you operate out of.

Request you to kindly help in creating this and if you can help by writing step wise that will be helpful.

Thanks
Raj

Attachments

• cd.xlsx
    11.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi Raj,

Your description seems to indicate two scores, but the attached has several numbers...across several rows/columns...with gaps in between. Which number(s) are we interested in for the graph? Are we making a single graph with multiple series? Or lots of little graphs?

Hi Luke,

Just want a single graph which indicates number : 5.4 for people and 5.6 for task.
I want a graph like the one attached but I am not been able to indicate the same.

Thanks
Raj

Attachments

• graph.xlsx
    33.4 KB · Views: 3
rush, are you trying to make a quadrant analysist..... Please look at the attachment...

Btw, you need to adjust where the axis crossed manually.... if you have more than 1 graph, i suggest record a macro and modify it to your need..

Best wished

Attachments

• graph.xlsx
    42.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Sri,

Thanks a lot for helping me out but can you please help the way you had done the same step wise.
And if I want to make the same as it is shown in the graph.xlsx SHEET 1.
Data is there in CD.xlsx

Thanks
Raj

Hi Rush,

I would like to help but the thing is, i still don't understand your data and what you are trying to to do. Does question 1 and 2 are a pair? so does 3 and 4 and so on....

I attached a macro file which you can changed the intersection manually without going through axis format..

Attachments

• graph.xlsm
    47.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi Sri,

Just check this file. I had made it manually without any MACRO. I had just inserted a line and done the same.
I just want the same format where in I will change the figures marked in yellow and red for People and Task
and it will automatically change the intersection.

Thanks
Raj.

Attachments

• RM.xlsx
    14.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi Raj,

See the file. Chart is on Sheet1. Change value on Sheet2 to see the effect. Note No macro, only additional chart series.

Regards,

Attachments

• RM.xlsx
    20 KB · Views: 7
Dear Misraji,

Can you please help with step wise how the same had been done.
I want to learn this so that it helps me in near future.

Thanks
Raj

@rush2rajen

Sure will do it.

It is XY Scatter chart with straight line option.

See, both line which intersect are one horizontal line and one vertical line.
Horizontal is easy to make. As for changing X value Y value remain same. So, range A4:B14 is used for that.
Now for vertical line; create a range with two X and Y value (Range E4:F5). So copy F4:F5, select chart and from Paste dropdown select paste special, Select New Series & column. From this you will get a line, select that line and go to change data. Now Select E4:F4 as X-Value and E5:F5 as Y-Value, that's it.

Now for creating mid lines repeat same with the values as given in range E7:F8 for vertical mid and E10:F11 as Horizontal mid. Format these line for their color and thickness.

You also need to set both the axes as min to 0 and max to your desired value.

The max of vertical should match with max of vertical axis. Range F5 in this case.
and mid lines should be mid of both axes.
Regards,

Dear Misraji,

I request you to clear a doubt.
Sorry to bother you but want to clear myself so that next time if any problem arises I can sort it out and help others.

File attached..

Thanks
Raj

Attachments

• QUERY.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 3
Back