• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help with Gauge Chart

chirayu

Hi All,

I found this chart online & frankly - its awesome and confusing at the same time. I was hoping someone could help me figure out how it was made and the calculations its using. Its a gauge that someone created from scratch and well, the technicalities are way beyond me

Attachments

• MeterCharts_270.xlsx
    14.4 KB · Views: 23
Hi Walawalkar ,

If you strip the chart of all the non-essentials , you can see that it is the movement of the needle that is complicated ; in fact more than the movement even , it is the shape of the needle that is complicated !

The chart type used is a Filled Radar , and the entire needle is being plotted point by point using the formula in the named range lancetta.

This named range has 360 points in it.

Narayan

Hi chirayu..

Its always a courtesy.. to mention the originator of the source..
sharing their article, is somehow showing respect.. and increase their pagecount + social activity..

:)

PS: don't try to mess with "r"

Thanks @Hui @NARAYANK991 @Debraj

What I can't seem to figure out is the huge calculation for lancetta & scala (various versions).

Also I don't get how the guy added the red & green semi circles under the grey outline. Basically I wanna figure out each calculation so I can try making something like this - just for learning. I wanna remove the red altogether and just keep my yellow & green. Like in my dataset my target is 80, so anything above is green. I know that Scala (series 5 & 2) are what's calculating that.

I probably wouldn't ever create something like this in a report because it would be too complicated for someone to edit. I'd probably stick to my pie gauges.

I read up on MMULT & figured out what the formula is used for but why he's using it along with the row formula & everything is a bit too complicated for me.

So far figured this much out

Input - 120

min_g 50 =min_g
max_g 100 =max_g
m 150 =50+100
angle 270 =angle
E35 120 =E35

Lancetta
INT 216 =INT(120/150*270)
INT-Angle -54 =216-270
/2+1 -26 =-54/2+1
Indirect 1 =ROW(INDIRECT("Foglio1!1:360"))
-Row -27 =-26-1
MOD 333 =MOD(-27,360)
MMULT

Last edited:
Back