• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot table includes too much in filters

JCHAI

Hi
I have made a pivot table on sales figures based on weeks, seasons (we sell several seasons at the same time), department and net sales. I filtered the data in slicers to quickly be able to alternate between seasons, departments and weeks.
My problem is that when I pick "Total" (all seasons) for a specific week, and double click on the cell to find the source data (thank you Chandoo!) I find that the table has included a lot more than just "Total".
Slicer settings are week "2014w29" and "Total"
I have attached an example of what the source file looks like.

Last edited:
Hi JCHAI!

Can you please re-upload the file.. with the pivot table.. and higllight the cell .. where you are applying your double click..

By the way.. I think.. those "TOTAL" fields are avoiding Database rules.. you dont need those "Total" cells.. you dont have to put those cells in raw file..

Last edited:
I know that I could just as well have them deleted and let the pivot table do the trick. Since the report generated weekly totals, i figured it would be convenient to keep them. I made a pivot table of the sample file - and it worked. So I guess I made a mistake in the original fine. Annoying.
I'll add deletion of the totals in my VBA and see if it works.

One more thing. Didnt realize that my full name was in the excel file that I posted. Can you please delete the info from your comment?
Best regards
JCHAI

Back