• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

12 months rolling trend.

Ellasheba

Hello all

I have some data across 12 months Jan to Dec. I have created a short trend (month on month) using IF and wingdings characters to show 'up' 'down' or 'no change'. I would have used sparklines, but they dont display a trend line :-(

BUT I need to show the longer term trend over the 12 months and then going forward create a rolling 12 month period.

Can this be done without VBA? I dont know how ot use VBA so really looking for a solution that I can understand please :)

My file wont upload, so Ive posted my data below. I used =IF(L2>K2,CHAR(233),IF(L2<K2,CHAR(234),CHAR(232))) to create the arrows under the short trend title...

Thanks in advance

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Short trend Rolling 12 month trend
8 4 5 5 14 14 8 5 8 10 13 8 ê
30 20 38 16 12 67 51 41 52 39 50 38 ê

Hello and thanks for your reply :) I have added my file now. Would you be able to have a look at what I've done? I wanted to use arrows to indicate the trend for rolling 12 months i.e up, down or the same...

Attachments

• 12 month rolling trend questionV2.xls
    29.5 KB · Views: 8
Hmm..
so far term 'Trend' has been something else ...
Now You'll have arrows too...

Attachments

• 12 month rolling trend questionV2.xlsx
    14.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi Vletm - I don't think I am explaining myself too well. I only want one arrow based on a 12 month period of data, not one for every month..
Thank you for your help though...

Hi ,

I am not sure what you want , but see if you can make any use of what is in the uploaded workbook.

The trendline equation is used to generate data for the trendline , which is then used for the sparkline.

Narayan

Attachments

• 12 month rolling trend questionV2.xlsx
    15.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi ,

I am not sure what you want , but see if you can make any use of what is in the uploaded workbook.

The trendline equation is used to generate data for the trendline , which is then used for the sparkline.

Narayan

Narayan. Wow that looks great. I have 22 others to do, but that is exactly what I need to show. Thank you

Back